How To: DIY Glass Milk Bottles
Glass milk bottles are a trendy party accessory and for good reason. They are an adorable and easy way to serve drinks to a crowd. Unfortunately, the cost to purchase the vintage-style milk bottles long with shipping is outrageous. With these easy steps you can transform Starbucks Frappuccino Bottles into Glass Milk Bottles for about $1.50 each, plus no shipping and free frappuccino!
So this is super simple, but here is how to turn Starbucks bottles into glass milk bottles:
- Drink or pour out the frappuccino.
- Soak the bottles in hot, soapy water for about 30 minutes.
- Peel the labels off the front and back of the bottles. They should come off easily, but some residue may be left behind from the adhesive. We’ll get to that in the next step.
- Use a scour brush (I used a Scotch-brite Dish Brush) to scrub off any remaining residue from the labels.
- The last step is to remove the Use By date printed directly on the bottle. Use a little elbow grease and the scour brush to scrub the date off. For any stubborn spots you could use a razor blade to scrape (I did not have to do this).
- Display your new glass milk bottles with cute paper straws (found mine at Sweet Lulu). No one will ever know they started out as Starbucks bottles.
Free Video Class: Home Styling 101
Learn how to arrange your home decor like a pro. I'm sharing my best styling tips in this free video series with cheat sheets.