One of the quickest (and most fun) ways to give your home a makeover is with color…and no, I am not talking about painting.
There are so many small, simple ways you can add more color to any room without painting.
Next week I want to personally show you step by step how to give your home a color makeover…more on that in a moment. But first, some color ideas to get you started…
Here are 30 of my favorite ways to create a more colorful home. Simply swap out any of these items for a more colorful option.
- Throw pillows (solid or patterned)
- Throw blankets
- Pillar candles
- Votive holders or candlesticks
- Fresh flowers or house plants with colorful foliage
- Flower or plant pots
- Picture frames (colorful frame or neutral frame with colorful pictures, paper, fabric inside)
- Mirrors with decorative frames
- Lamps (base or shade)
- Books (make a color-coordinated stack or cover old books with colorful paper or fabric)
- Decorative boxes
- Curtain panels
- Accent furniture (accent table, stool, ottoman, bench, chair)
- Figurines or sculptures
- Decorative bowls
- Baskets (painted, dipped, or lined with fabric)
- Table runner, place mats, cloth napkins
- Tea towels,
- Hand towels and bath towels
- Knobs or drawer pulls
- Soap dispenser
- Monogram letters
- Paper garlands
Now, if you’re still wondering…
- How many different colors should I use?
- What colors look good together?
- Where and how much color do I use in each room?
- How do I connect rooms with different color schemes?
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered…
Take the free Color Flow Challenge
I’m hosting a free 5-day challenge to answer all of the above color questions and more. The last time I ran this challenge, there were over 1,000 participants and we had a blast!
I think one of the most helpful aspects of the challenge was the private community where you can see what color palettes other people are using and get immediate answers to all your color questions.
The next challenge starts October 16, 2017.
What you’ll learn:
- The basics of color theory so you can choose the best accent colors to go with your wall paint and furniture
- Where to use your colors for maximum impact
- How to use metallics and wood finishes to add texture to a room
- How to strategically repeat accent colors throughout your home to create flow without making all your rooms matchy-matchy
- How to plan your whole house color palette so future color decisions are a no-brainer
But this challenge isn’t just about learning. You’re also going to be doing. Each day you’ll have a quick assignment to improve the color flow in your home.
Bottomline: You’re going give your home a mini color makeover.
Join me for Color Flow – a free five-day decorating challenge and learn how to unify your home with accent colors. You don’t need any past decorating experience. And you won’t need to paint a single wall to give your home a color makeover.
This free five-day challenge starts on October 16, 2017. Although this challenge is free, you won’t be able to join after the challenge starts. Click here to sign up now.