One of my favorite additions to my sister’s gift-giving kit were these mini gift bags. They were so simple to make and look very cute. Here is a quick mini tutorial for making these mini gift bags.
- Small brown paper bags
- Scrapbook paper
- Embellishments (optional)
- Spray Adhesive
- 1/8″ hole punch
- scissors or paper trimmer
Step by Step:
- Measure the front of your bags and cut scrapbook paper the same size (2 pieces per bag).
- Lay your bags flat with the bottom of bag folded underneath.
- Cover your work surface to protect it from spray adhesive. Spray adhesive on fronts of bags.
- Attach scrapbook papers and allow to dry.
- Flip bags over and fold down bottom so entire back of bag is showing. Just press down so bottom of bag folds in half. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to cover back of bag with scrapbook paper.
- Punch two holes each at the top of the bag front and bag back. Cut ribbon 3 times longer than distance between holes.
- Knot one end of ribbon and feed through first hole from inside out. Feed other end of ribbon into second hole from outside in. Tie another knot on the inside of bag. Repeat steps 11 to 13 for ribbon on other side.
- Add desired embellishments to front of bag. I used dimensional stickers I found in dollar bin at Michael’s. They added the perfect pop of color and contrast to the background papers I chose.
These gift bags are addictive to make and great to have on hand for last minute gift-giving. Bonus: You can actually make them any size you want. Craft stores have a variety of sizes. If you choose a bag larger than 12 x 12 inches, for example a paper grocery bag, you could use wrapping paper instead of scrapbook paper. Oh and if you use a paper grocery bags that already have handles, you can skip the ribbon step. Just add a cool bow at the base of the handle.
Free Video Class: Home Styling 101
Learn how to arrange your home decor like a pro. I'm sharing my best styling tips in this free video series with cheat sheets.